Being an entrepreneur is never easy, but things are especially challenging for non-technical founders starting technology companies. They know their industry and their business like the back of their hand, but must find an engineer or team of engineers who can translate their vision into code. This process can be fraught with pitfalls and a steep learning curve:
- Evaluating technical expertise is difficult even for technologists, let alone someone whose expertise is in another field.
- Hiring or partnering with someone involves a substantial commitment, in time, capital, and trust. How can you be sure they are they are the right fit, or have the right expertise?
- Senior, proven programmers are in high demand. Getting one to commit to your company before the product exists can be difficult.
An alternative option for entrepreneurs is to hire a development agency to build their application for them. This will get the product to market
quickly, but introduces a new set of risks.
- Startups need to be nimble. Development agencies have to balance several clients at once; how can you be sure your project is given the appropriate priority?
- Iterating on a product while paying hourly team rates gets expensive quickly. Every experiment is a balance of capital expenditure and product efficiency and viability.
- Being a technology company without in-house development expertise provides a considerable risk and possible IP exposure issue for investors.
InSourcing eliminates much of the risk in building your tech team.
- By partnering with RestlessDev, you are able to get an application built quickly. The ability to directly hire a portion of the team afterwards ensures continuity and the ability to quickly iterate your product.
- You don’t need to guess whether or not your next hire, or outsourced dev team can build and improve upon your application; they already did.
- You’ve built a rapport and knowledge of the team’s strengths and style during the development process. This gives you the unique and invaluable ability to hire someone you already know and trust.
That’s all well and good but
How does it work?
We’re so glad you asked!
RestlessDev’s senior consultants meet with you and learn about your company. We build a detailed specification of your application.
We match your requirements to our database of junior consultants and build a team.
We get to work, holding regular meetings with you where we update you on your application’s progress and give you an opportunity to know the junior consultants working on the application with us.
Launch Day. Your finished application is deployed live.
If you’d like, the junior consultant joins your team to support and continue updating the application.
the skills you need
All of our RestlessDev consultants have gone through one of Louisiana’s leading programming immersion courses. This intensive program is 13 weeks long (6 days a week, 11 hours a day) and covers the full stack programming and devops skills required by today’s up and coming companies.
All of our engineers also receive further training on the specific tools and development platforms used on your project during the implementation phase.
- Frontend Frameworks/Tools: React, AngularJS, SASS / CSS, jQuery, Backbone.js, HTML
- Backend Frameworks/Tools: NodeJS, Express.js, MongoDB / Mongoose, SQLite, MySQL
- Devops: Linux, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Docker, Google Cloud
Note: While each consultant is trained in the development frameworks and tools above, they may have different specialties. We can craft a team to meet the specific needs of your project.
Want to learn more?
Get in touch with us to learn more about how InSourcing works. We can help you decide if it’s the right solution for your project.